Sunday, April 3, 2011

D2 The Mighty Ducks: Breaking Down a Classic

Having grown up in the 90's I am, of course, quite familiar with Disney's The Mighty Ducks movies. I loved them when I was young, I loved them when I was older. But now, I loath them.

After watching D1 and D2 today, anger grew inside of me. Where did the anger come from?

COMPLETE INACCURACIES.

I strongly believe that it's not THAT hard to have real game-play take place in a movie. All you need to do is throw in stunt doubles who know how to play the game, and tell them what to do.

The Mighty Ducks franchise had another idea. Why not make the goalies look like complete idiots instead? Why don't we just mess with the rules of the game? Let's just throw national pride out the window!

I loved these movies when I was young, but that's because I only paid attention to five minutes of the movie. After only watching two of them, I had to stop out of anger. I mean seriously, they called a time-out and then, while still on the ice, had their goalie and player switch equipment, and then had the new goalie take a knuckle puck from behind his own goal line? The kid didn't have a helmet or gloves on, and any goalie from the age of 7 years old and up can stop a puck shot from that far away...

I could go on further, but I'm getting angry just thinking about it.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment