Thursday, November 5, 2009

Bye-bye life


I hate that CBC has taken The Simpson’s off air. It is arguably one of the greatest shows in television history based solely on the fact that the show is currently in its twentieth season.


Personally, I’ve never met anyone under the age of 35 who doesn’t love The Simpson’s. The script is absolutely genius and is so timely. They’ve established their own style and have never needed to copy the humor of other lowbrow shows like Family Guy.


For the longest time, I’d come home from school at 3:45 and patiently wait for The Simpson’s to come on at 4. Then I’d watch the same episode again at 5, at 6, at 7. Then I could watch it at 6:30 and 7:30 and 8 on different channels. Life was good.


Nowadays, it’s hardly ever on. The odd chance I get to watch it comes at 11 o’ clock usually. Sad times.

The Simpson’s generation (ages 17-35 mostly male) is losing a vital piece of its livelihood. How will they keep up on their Simpson’s knowledge? Since I began school, I’ve quoted The Simpson’s close to once every day, and sometimes many more times.


CBC, do us all a favor and bring them back. You’re not winning any more viewers by replacing The Simpson’s with Wheel of Fortune. The Simpson’s generation isn’t that old yet…


Here’s a site that everyone should know and love: every Simpson’s episode for free!!!

www.wtso.net

2 comments:

  1. Dude I feel your pain!
    However it is on at 5:30 on fox still, but I do miss the hour of simpsons before the 6 O'clock news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that the Simpsons and Seinfeld were pretty much their own items on the Periodic Table, they're broadcast so much!

    ReplyDelete