Friday, January 15, 2010

Is a Super Bowl win in the Cards?


The NFL regular season has finished and the playoffs are well under way.

Personally, I'm a huge Arizona Cardinals fan. I have been for about four years so I like to consider myself a die-hard, but that's besides the point.


Last year, my hopes and dreams were coming true. The Cardinals made a very long playoff-run and they were surprising skeptics all around North America. Their offense was rivaled only by the likes of Peyton Manning and the Colts and Drew Brees with the Saints. It was that offense that took the Cardinals all the way to the Super Bowl. Not only did they get to the big game, but they only lost by one touchdown in the final minute.



I don't really like to bring up that last section much because it brings up memories of a time when I seriously bruised my knuckles on both hands from punching walls at my friends house. My dreams of the Cardinals winning the championship were shattered.

Their is a thing in the NFL known as the "Super Bowl hangover." What that refers to is when a team makes it to the Super Bowl and then lose, they usually end up finishing somewhere near the bottom of the league in the following season. The Cardinals, once again, surprised all critics and skeptics and avoided the Super Bowl hangover.

Now entering the second round of playoffs against the mighty Saints, the Cardinals will once again make the run to the big show. Or, at least I hope they will, or else I'll be coming to school with a cast on my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment